Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

In The Wilderness

My steps drag, my breath comes in ragged gasps,
My tongue clings to the roof of my mouth.
In the wilderness.
Wearily I sink to the ground
and bury my face in the dust.
A gentle touch makes me look up.
"Come into a desert place and rest awhile"(Mark 6:31).
I lean against You,
Breathe a sigh of relief.
A covering appears over me,
Shading me from the merciless heat.
"...the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.
The sun shall not smite you by day,
nor the moon by night" (Psalm 121:5).
You dip your finger into a sparkling stream
And touch my parched lips.
"Whosoever drinks of this water
shall never thirst" (John 4:13).
A gentle breeze fans my hot cheeks;
I sigh with contentment.
You put bread to my lips;
It satisfies my hunger.
"I am the bread of life."
I snuggle closer to Your everlasting arms
"The God of all comfort" (2 Corinthians 1"3).

A solid rock,
A welcome shade,
A cooling stream,
The bread of life,
The everlasting arms.

That's what I find,
In the wilderness.

No comments: