Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am a Child of God sign from Mom and Owl pain...Image by mandaloo via FlickrI just read a blog that someone wrote about the importance of giving thanks. It set me thinking about the many times I did something for someone and he/she never said so much as "thank you." Not anything significant. Just simple things, like  picking up something the person dropped without being aware of it, or holding a door open for them. I have to admit, I chafe at that kind of behavior when my good deed goes unnoticed. Bad manners is what I call it. And that's the reason I left this comment: If some people seldom say "thank you" to those they can see, how can they say "thank you" to a God they can't see?

The fact is, giving thanks is important to God. When Jesus had cleasened ten men of leprosy, only one, a Samaritan, returned to thank Him. Jesus said, "Were there not ten cleansed ? but where are the nine? There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger" (Luke 17:17-18). The Bible says, "Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever" (1 Chronicles 16:34).

The Bible has hundreds of references to thanksgiving. Even Jesus gave thanks to His Father on a regular basis. Shouldn't we do the same? As I lay in bed reflecting on the year that is almost over, I realized that  instead of murmuring and complaining I have so much to be thankful for: Jesus Christ who redeemed me to the Father, my family and friends, my home, my job, the things I was able to accomplish this year, like travelling to Alaska and publishing my first book Women For All Seasons. I owe it all to God and I'm thankful.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: