Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Word In Due Season

fresco at the Karlskirche in vienna (by Johann...Image via WikipediaAs a Christian, it never ceases to amaze me how the Holy Spirit works in our lives to give us a word or a song just when we need it. As I prepared for the book launch party yesterday for my book Women For All Seasons, I prayed that I would be able to pull it off without being nervous. After all, public-speaking is not one of my favorite things, but as I read my devotional, I realized that God had given me a word in due season.


The text was from Ephesians 6 which deals with putting on the whole armor of God. It is a text with which I am familiar, but I don't recall ever paying much attention to these verses: " and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains, that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak" (v 19 - 20).

I needed no better assurance that God would be with me and would give me the boldness to "speak as I ought to speak." And He did. I was able to do my presentation without a tremor in my voice. If you ever need guidance or help in any situation, the omnipresent God is always willing to help. All you have to do is ask and He'll give you a word in due season, one that will sustain you in any situation. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: