Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, April 22, 2011

Let's Be Crucified

It is FinishedImage by abcdz2000 via FlickrToday is Good Friday! I remember when I was a child wondering why this day was called Good Friday when such a horrible thing as Jesus' crucifixion occurred on that day. But as I grew older I realized that it was actually a good thing because Jesus had to die in order that I might live. And so in my prayers this morning I asked God to help me crucify myself and all those things in me that need to be crucified: My stubborn will, my thoughts, my fears, hopes, dreams, desires.

It's only by crucifying, by dying to these things that we can live the abundant life that God intends us to live. The Bible says, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live ; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me" (Galatians 2:20.)

As we celebrate the death of Our Savior Jesus Christ, let us be one with Him today in His sufferings so we can share in His victory. For that is what the cross represents, not a thing of shame, but of power and love and triumph. God bless you and have a wonderful Good Friday.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: