Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Holes In The Sidewalk



This week I came across a cute little poem about a person who kept falling into a hole in the sidewalk. The first two times she fell in, she believed she was not to blame. It took her a long time to get out, but the third time she fell in, she realized it was her fault. So when she fell in a fourth time, she got out immediately. After that she walked down a different street.

As I pondered this little poem, I thought, how many times have I fallen into a hole in the sidewalk before I realized I was to blame; that I needed to take a different route. Too many times as Christians we keep repeating the same mistakes over and over, hurting ourselves and blaming others.

I don't know what your hole may be. It could be addictions, relationship problems, career failures, financial difficulties, whatever it might be, it's time you took a different route. God may be trying to show you that you are going down the wrong path and the only way to stop falling into that hole is to follow the path He has for your life.
Proverbs 3 : 5 - 6 says, "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

If your life seems to lack direction, or you are in a situation that you don't seem able to get out of, pray this prayer: Heavenly Father, I acknowledge that I need your help. I can't pull myself out of this hole by myself. Father God, I give You my weaknesses and my failures and surrender all to your will. From this day on, I will walk in your way and follow your direction for my life, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments: