Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Three-Wheeled Cart Part 1

The management of my condo building has placed a few shopping carts in the ground floor stairwell to make it easy for us to take our parcels up to our apartment when we come home from shopping. I usually carry my own folding cart in my car so I don't have to make use of that convenience, but this Friday I realized I had left my cart upstairs. I went to the stairwell, bypassed the cart that was nearest to me and reached for a smaller one which seemed to be just right for the number of parcels I had. 

I placed my bags in the cart and parked my car. Then I returned and began wheeling the cart toward the elevator. As I turned a corner, the cart almost tipped over. I righted it and continued on my way. When I turned it to get into the elevator, the cart almost tipped again. It was only then I realized the cart had only three wheels. I laughed at myself for not having checked it before putting my parcels in it.

But who would expect the cart to be missing a wheel? It stood upright just as the others did and ran well as long as I was going in a straight line. I thought there must be a lesson in that. How many times have we looked at someone or something and thought he/she/it would be perfect for us, only to find out later how mistaken we were? A man may look good, have money and say all the right things, but unless he fears the Lord, one of his wheels is missing.

Psalm 128 says, Blessed are all who fear the LORD, who walk in his ways.  You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours.  Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your sons will be like olive shoots around your table.  Thus is the man blessed who fears the LORD.  May the LORD bless you from Zion all the days of your life; may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem,  and may you live to see your children's children. Peace be upon Israel. NIV

I needed a cart that would not only run straight but could turn the corner without tipping over. Ladies, can your man navigate the corners of life without tipping over? Can he be relied on to perform his role as head of the home during challenging times? Will he bail out on you when the going gets rough? Does he look to God for wisdom and strength to fulfill His God-given role? Examine the cart well before you place your 

No comments: