Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, March 03, 2017

Better Than Solomon



As I took this picture of my orchids this morning, these words of Jesus came to my mind: "Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these" (Matthew 6: 29). Jesus was telling His audience that they must not worry, not about what they would eat or drink or what they would wear (v 25). Jesus continued, " If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?" (v 30).

Every time I look at those orchids on my patio I'm reminded of the beauty of God, the faithfulness of God and the providence of God. I care for those orchids to the best of my ability, but it is God who really causes them to grow and bloom the way they do. I went away for two weeks and watered them well before I left. But while I was gone I worried that I might return and find them all shriveled up. Instead, I was greeted with these gorgeous blooms. That was God's doing. And if He could do it for flowers, how much more would He do for us, His children?

So let's do as Jesus said:  "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (v 33-34).

No comments: