Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, June 06, 2017

The Lost Duckling

courtesy morguefile

Returning from my walk one day last week, I saw one of my neighbors walking her dog, but looking about in a very concerned manner. As I drew nearer, she said, "He's all alone. Where's his family?"

I looked down and saw that she was referring to a little duckling who was all by himself. That was indeed strange. We'd never seen any of the ducklings alone before, and as I looked at the little creature, I thought he seemed frightened as if he knew he was lost. Then I remembered seeing someone feeding a family of ducks near the lake.

I pointed in that direction. "They're over there," I said.

My neighbor's face brightened and she turned to her dog. "Come on, boy. We have to help."

She set off, looking back every now and then and calling to the duck who followed slowly after her. I believe he must have caught up with the others eventually because I didn't see him again that day.

Have you ever been lost? I have, in some scary places. Did someone help you find your way? Sometimes, I was helped.

What if you know someone is lost spiritually, would you help him find his way? Jesus asked, “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?" (Luke 15:4).

He goes on to say, "For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost (19 : 10).

Like my neighbor did with that duckling, we too can help those who are lost find their way to Jesus.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you enjoyed this post, please sign up in the box on the right to receive updates and free gifts. 

No comments: