Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Keep Christ in Christmas

Listening to the evening news is not my usual pastime. Sometimes I feel guilty when others speak of current events and I realize I’m as ignorant as if I lived on the moon. So occasionally I force myself to listen. One evening last week I was taking my unpleasant dose, when I groaned, “Not again.”

The news item had to do with a nativity scene in Paulding County that had provoked the ire of someone, and as a result the county was facing legal action. Several citizens of the county interviewed said they saw nothing wrong with the scene. One elderly lady said, “Without Christ there would be no Christmas.” But what got my attention was when the mayor spoke up in agreement with what the others had said. He took a bold stand for what he believed in.
Many public officials are afraid to do that for fear of the consequences.

This season, as we celebrate the birth of Christ, the Savior of the world, let us remember how boldly He confronted the naysayers of His day. He was not afraid to tell it like it was, and neither should we. God bless.

No comments: