Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Get Into Heaven

This week I saw something on television that made my jaw drop in amazement. The reporter and his guest were talking about a website that is offering to get people into heaven for the sum of twelve dollars and ninety-seven cents. Yes, that's right, $12.97. Hilarious, isn't it? The host laughed and said, "They sold Jesus for thirty pieces of silver, how do they expect to get people into heaven for $12.97?" While I commended him for having some knowledge of the Bible, this was no laughing matter. Try ludicrous, absurd, ridiculous, but certainly not hilarious.

While I do not expect anyone in his/her right mind to take the claim of that website seriously, let me point out what one of my favorite books in the Bible, Isiah, says: "Ho! Everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat without money and without price(55:1)". "Incline your ear, and come to Me. Hear, and your soul shall live, and I will make an everlasting covenant with you-the sure mercies of David"(v3).

Here we have it from God Himself. He invites us to come to Him without money and our "soul shall live." We do not have to pay one dime. It's free. Salvation is free. Jesus paid the price for us all when He took our sins upon Him and allowed Himself to be crucified on the cross of Calvary. Jesus said, "I am the resurrection, and the life; he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:" (John 11:25).

And again He says, "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also" (John 14: 2-3). He's talking about heaven, y'all. His Father's house. Where the mansions are. The streets of gold. The pearly gates. The place where there is no sorrow or weeping or death. The land of milk and honey. The place with a free entrance through the blood of Jesus Christ. Halleluiah!

Do you want to go? Then keep your money in your pocket. Run to Jesus. He'll let you in-without money and without price. God bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.