Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, September 01, 2013

Whose Report Do You Believe?

A police car (Seat) of the city of Granada loc...
A police car (Seat) of the city of Granada local police, Spain. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

This past week I was involved in an accident on my way to work. Nothing major, but enough to warrant some repairs to the driver side of my car. My doors are dented and do not close properly. The lady who ran into me with her vehicle seemed a bit shaken and so was I. This was my first accident in all the years I've been driving. I initially said I was going to call the police, but then she mentioned that she was on her way to pick up a friend from the hospital. Being a hospital worker myself, I decided not to call the police as it may have taken a while for them to arrive. I took the woman's driver's license and insurance information and went on my way.

When I got to work I related the incident to one of my co-workers. A young man standing nearby shook his head. He said I should have called the police because the other driver could always say I caused the accident, or I hit her car. He went on to state other possible terrible consequences that may follow. By the time I got to my office I was berating myself for my stupidity. I called the police, but the officer told me they could not get involved once I'd left the scene. Okay. I called my insurance company. The lady I spoke to was very nice. She took what information I had, then when she asked for the lady's tag number I slapped my forehead. I had overlooked that one, but I had her phone number. The lady assured me she would try her best to locate the driver of the car, but without the tag number it might be difficult. By this time I'm praying. The woman had said she was a Christian after hearing the Christian program I had been listening to on my radio. I prayed that she would behave in a Christian manner and speak the truth when my insurance contacted her.

About an hour later, I received a call from my insurance company. The driver had given her insurance information willingly and a case number had been generated. From there I was referred to the driver's insurance who is now handling the matter. I wrote all this to show that when problems arise it can be very easy for us to listen to negative reports. This produces fear which ultimately leads to the thing feared coming to pass.

This is what happened to the Israelites when Moses sent out the spies to check out the land of Canaan.  

And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying , The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature.  And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight (Numbers 13: 32 - 33).

Even those men that did bring up the evil report upon the land, died by the plague before the LORD (14: 37).

God became angry with them because they did not believe that He would do as He promised. Instead of believing Him they believed the spies. God promises to take care of us even when trouble strikes. He said, No weapon formed against you shall prosper (Isaiah 54 : 17).   Whose report will you believe?

Enjoy this song in the video below and reflect on the words. Remember, no matter what happens God will take care of you. 




Enhanced by Zemanta


No comments: