Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, September 07, 2013

The Glory Of God

Today I sat on my patio and looked out at the ducks swimming in the lake, the reflection of the trees  in the water, the sun shimmering on the water like thousands of jewels and I thought, there is the glory of God. If anyone doubts the existence of God, and there are many who do, they only have to look around them to see the glory of His presence.

There are approximately 10,000 species of birds, over 40, 000 species of fish, over 1,000,000 species of animals and over 7 billion people on planet earth. Not to mention other planets and hundreds of billions of galaxies. No one knows the exact number. Man, with all the technology at his command and with all the space exploration he has done, has only seen a fraction of the universe. Who created it all? Who makes the sun to shine everyday, the rain to fall, the seasons to change according to their designated times?

As God said to Job, "Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? Declare, if thou hast understanding" (Job 38 : 4). For the next four chapters God goes on to shoot Job with questions that not even the most brilliant scientists of our times can ever answer. Until in chapter 42, Job caves in. "Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand, Things too wonderful for me, which I did not know... I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear, But now my eye sees You" (v 3 - 5). 

That's how God reveals Himself to us - through His glory. Someone asked me, "Where is heaven? Astronauts have gone into outer space and they have yet to find heaven." I have no idea where heaven is, but I know how to get there. By accepting His Son Jesus Christ as my Savior, I will one day get there. And you can too. So the next time you stop to admire a bird, a pretty flower or a scenic landscape, remember the glory of God. He created all of that for us to enjoy. But He has something even more spectacular, that words cannot describe, waiting for us in heaven. Do you want to see it? Accept Jesus Christ today. Enjoy the video below as you bask in His presence.










4 comments:

Cynthia said...

I enjoyed the post, although I cannot view the video from my Nook reader. Take care.

PJ said...

Hey Angela! Isn't God Amazing! In my last post, I was talking about being out in the middle of a lake in my fishing tube, the peace and tranquility all around me with just a fish jumping in the distance. That is a beautiful feeling when you are in that setting, "just you and God". Although, my post was about understanding that worshipping Him and meditating on Him (in between bites) does not substitute for going to church as some ( my hubby)LOL would like to believe. There is nothing more beautifuly than God's natual creation (before man gets his hands on it). God bless!
PJ

Angela said...

Thanks, Cynthia. Maybe you can look it up on YouTube. It's a great video.

Angela said...

Hey PJ,

Nice hearing from you. I agree, nothing man can create can ever rival God's creation. God bless