Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, February 01, 2016

Birthday Thoughts

 






Today is my birthday. I spent it with my husband and daughter visiting the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens in Miami, a place I'd always wanted to visit. Even though it rained most of the time we were there, I could not have desired a better gift. Exploring the magnificent house and gardens built over a hundred years ago gave us a great deal of pleasure, and being in the company of two of my family members gave me an enjoyment that no amount of rain could dampen.

As we drove home, I reflected on how much I have to thank God for:

1. For sparing my life. Like that old house (maybe not a good comparison - I'm not that old) God has preserved me through the years and saved me from a lot of things that could have shortened my life.

2. For my family. Even though they could not all be here with me on my birthday, my children, grand-children and other relatives called and wished me Happy Birthday.

3. For my friends. Birthday greetings from my friends always give me a warm feeling, but to receive greetings from my social media friends, most of whom I've never met face to face, well, I can't express how special it makes me feel. Technology sometimes gets a bad rap, but God knows why He gave man wisdom to develop it, for without it, many people would be out of touch with the rest of the world.

4. Last, but not least, for my salvation. As I grow older, I can feel secure in the fact that if God calls me home tonight, I would go to meet Him and live with Him forever. I don't have to fear the future or fear death.
Thank you, Lord, for all these blessings. 

Vizcaya Museum

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww.....How sweet! A lovely way to celebrate such a special day in honor of you. And I am honored to be among your friends, having not meet face to face but heart to heart. God bless you my dear beautiful friend. Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

Awwww.....How sweet! A lovely way to celebrate such a special day in honor of you. And I am honored to be among your friends, having not meet face to face but heart to heart. God bless you my dear beautiful friend. Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

Beautiful

quietspirit said...

Happy Birthday, Angela.

Evelyn said...

Belated happy birthday, Angela!! I'm so glad it was a good day--and a day of thanksgiving--for you! I appreciated your post.

Angela said...

Thanks, Vernita! Sorry I took so long to respond to your comment. It's been a busy week. God bless you.

Angela said...

Thanks, Cecelia!

Angela said...

Thanks, Evelyn!