Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, March 25, 2016

It Is Good Friday


I was probably eight or nine the first time I read the account of Jesus's crucifixion. Good Friday had always been a solemn occasion at our house with my mother cooking a special fish dinner and my father reading the Bible. By teaching me to read and reading the Bible and other story books to me, my mother had instilled in me a love for reading from an early age. So that year when she opened the Bible to the book of Luke and told me to read the story of the crucifixion, I didn't hesitate. But as I read, I became more and more anxious and by the time I got to the part where they crucified Jesus, tears were streaming down my face. It's not Good Friday, I thought in childlike disappointment, it should be called Bad Friday.

Jesus died. How could He? Why did He?

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life" (John 3: 16).


And that's why the day He died on the cross is called Good Friday. Because on that day, we, the lost and fallen human race, were redeemed, forgiven and restored to our rightful place with God the Father.

Are you in your rightful place? Have you been redeemed, restored and forgiven? If not, Jesus's arms are still outstretched, waiting to welcome you in. But you must ask. Do like one of the thieves who hung on a cross beside Jesus.

He turned to Him and said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise” (Luke 3: 42 - 43).

Just like that the man was saved. Jesus didn't say, "I'm in too much pain, I can't think about that right now." Or, "You are a bad man. I'm not sure if you should go to heaven."

No, He said, "Today." And He will say to you too, "Today," if you ask Him right now.

And if you haven't yet, don't forget to download a copy of my award-winning story on Amazon Kindle, For God So Loved. I'm sure it will bless your heart.
Just click on the image below.

No comments: