Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, May 12, 2007

A Prayer For Mothers

This is a prayer for all mothers, young and old, single or married, divorced, widowed or otherwise. As long as you are a mother, biological or adoptive, this prayer is for you.

Dear Lord, I thank you for gving me the gift of being a mother, the opportunity to love, cherish and nurture the precious human being you have loaned to me. Help me, Lord, to always remember that I'm not in this by myself. You are with me when I go into the delivery room, when I nurse that infant at my breast, when I sing him to sleep, and when I walk the floors at night. You are with me whether I feel pride at some small achievement, or whether I feel exasparated, overwhelmed or confused.

Help me to remember, Lord, that I am not perfect. You are the only perfect parent. In you lies all wisdom, strength and patience. So Father, when I don't know what to do or where to turn, remind me that you are there. That you see that child when I can't see him, because he is also your child, a heritage from You, and You guard your own fiercely.

So Father God, I thank you for this Mother's Day. A day that celebrates the most priceless miracle of all times - the birth of a human being. I do not take this miracle lightly, and everyday I fall on my knees I say thank you to My Heavenly Parent for the honor of sharing the joys- and the sorrows- of parenthood with You. Thank you, Lord.

No comments: