Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, August 03, 2013

Beware Of The Worm



I almost didn't get this week's post in because a worm infected my computer. I remember the first time I heard the term 'computer virus' I thought, would it make my computer sneeze? And I was serious. Because if I sneeze, it doesn't bother me that much. I actually enjoy sneezing sometimes, as a matter of fact. It seems to clear my nasal passages and relieves me of any stuffiness. So I thought if my computer sneezed, then it would be no big deal.

During my journey in cyberspace, I have experienced a few sneezes. Nothing major. But yesterday I foolishly opened an email and received a worm. I pictured it just as the dictionary described it: any of numerous small creeping animals with more or less slender, elongated bodies, and without limbs or with very short ones ... creeping, crawling or advancing slowly or stealthily. Sounds pretty yucky, doesn't it? I could not access anything, and the worm kept urging me to purchase a certain software and warning me of the dire consequences that would follow if I didn't. No matter what I tried, it kept attacking my computer. 

No legs ... advancing slowly, stealthily, when you least expect it.

The Bible speaks of one other creature who fits this picture. He belongs to the same family, only bigger. He is called a serpent, Satan, the devil, Lucifer. One day you are functioning as a happy Christian, the next, the serpent has infiltrated himself into your system and crashed it. You become a pawn in his hands as he urges you to do this and do that, go here and go there, say this or say that. You want to get out from under his influence, but you are powerless to do so.

What can you do? Like me, you may have unwittingly invited the serpent into your system. But you can do what I did. I wasted no time calling the maker of my computer. We have a Maker too and His name is God. He made you. 

 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Genesis 1 : 27.

He has the software to clean out all of your infected files and restore you to your proper working condition. He can make you whole again. You do not have to be under the influence of the worm anymore. The representative who cleaned up my computer recommended that I purchase a warranty so if I ever have similar problems in the future, all I have to do is call for help. God purchased our warranty through the blood of Jesus Christ shed on the cross for us. When we have a problem, all we have to do is call. Call on your Maker right now.


2 comments:

shinsya49 said...

I love the way you explained this, and painted such a clear picture with your words. It was very interesting, and I'll remember it for a long time. Thank you for this post. :-)

Angela said...

Thank you, shinsya49. Thanks for stopping by. God bless.