Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Get Rid Of It Completely



About two weeks ago, I wrote about my computer being infected by a virus. I told you how devastating this was for me to experience my computer being sick, even for a short while. I told you that I called the computer's manufacturer and he got my computer up and running again. But not for long! I didn't use my PC for a couple days and when I went back to use it, the virus was still present.

I called up the manufacturer again and this time I got a different technician. After several hours on the phone, the virus was finally eradicated. What happened the first time? The technician failed to completely remove the virus before he restarted my computer, and I suffered the consequences.

A similar fate befell Saul, king of Israel, after God told him "totally destroy everything that belongs to them (the Amalekites). Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys" (1 Samuel 15 : 3). " But Saul and the army spared Agag and the best of the sheep and cattle, the fat calves and lambs--everything that was good. These they were unwilling to destroy completely, but everything that was despised and weak they totally destroyed" (v 9). 
 
Saul did not totally destroy the Amalekites as God had commanded him to. So it is with us. We hold on to the sin that seems good to us. Even though it is destroying our relationship with God, we may relinquish a part of it, but are reluctant to get rid of it completely. Verse 22 says, "To obey is better than sacrifice." 

If  there is sin in your life, you need to confess your sin before God and ask Him to forgive you and help you lead a new life. Do not allow sin to come between you and God. The consequences can be dire.

The Bible says, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1 : 9). 

No comments: